In 1935 the AMERICAN TRAPPERS ASSOCIATION folded and a group of Pennsylvania trappers decided to organize a state organization. They symbol for the A.T.A was used with Pennsylvania and still is our logo today. Both, the certificate charter, issued on March 15, 1948, and the original BY-LAWS, as amended, are still used today. Through correspondence our association actually started in 1936, and the first meeting took place on June 25th, 1938. Since that meeting in Centre Hall, the PA Trappers Association has held a statewide convention each year. Except for 1943 through 1945 when Word War II was going on. As the years have gone by, the convention, now termed “Rendezvous” are more then a one-day event with attendance from all corners of the continent.